A nice exercise or warm-up when you have where to lay down. The movement adds an hip dynamic allied to abs movement.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Lie down on your back.
- Extend your arms, hands near your hips.
- Slightly raise your legs, bending the knees.
- Extend one leg, while bringing the opposite knee close to your chest, like pedaling a bike.
- This is one repetition.
- Now switch, extending and bending alternate legs.
Hints & tips:
- Perform the movement slowly, feel the effort on the involved muscles.
- You should not strain your neck.
- Easy exercise with increased difficulty when using a bigger number of reps.
- Activates abs with a light and dynamic movement.
Counting & gamification:
- Perform series of 30 or 40.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Abs, Hip Flexor
Secondary muscles: Quads
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Bicycle Crunch
- Floor Bicycle Crunch
- Air Bike Crunch
- Floor Air Bike Crunch