Similar yet easier than the Chair L Sit tuck, in this exercise legs are raised just enough to have the upper leg in horizontal position.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Hold the chair arms and extend your elbows so that your butt stays off the chair.
- Bend your knees as if you were normally seated.
- Keep the upper part of the legs horizontal, from hips to the knees.
Hints & tips:
- Good preparation for shoulders and abs.
- When starting, to be able to hold the position for a few seconds is already a good exercise.
- Exercise is office-friendly and can be done everywhere as long as the chair arms are strong enough.
- Overall strength, focus on shoulders and abs.
Counting & gamification:
- Count the seconds you can hold, accumulating in a period (session, day, week).
- Set an accumulated goal for a workout session, say 60 seconds, and do the necessary repetitions to reach that goal.
- Count accumulated time with this Half L Sit exercise, along with L Sit tuck in the floor, chair or pair of chairs.
- Get used to try this position every time you sit on a strong chair. It will become easier and easier.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Muscles: Core & Upper body
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Abs, Lats
Secondary muscles: Obliques, Lowerback, Hip Flexor, Quads