The Cross Triceps Push Up works mainly the triceps, tough also working shoulders and chest.
When the chest is down arms are crossed, elbows towards outside. This makes the extend movement mostly dependent on the triceps.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Lie down in prone position, the chest on the floor.
- Bend your arms, cross them so that each hand stands in th floor in the midle of the oposite forearm.
- Extend both arms keeping the body straight.
Hints & tips:
- For a harder exercise, approach each hand of the oposite shoulder.
- Strong Triceps are needed for this exercise.
- Strengthen the Triceps.
- Strong triceps bring stability to shoulders and elbows.
- Improves arm flexibility and range of motion.
Counting & gamification:
- Count your repetidions in a period, even if you can do very few in a row.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Chest
Secondary muscles: Abs, Lowerback
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Cross Triceps Push Up
- Cross Triceps Extention