The Decline Push Up is a Push Up variant that puts additional effort on shoulders and biceps.
Feet are placed on an elevated position, as if declining towards your head.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Set in a push-up position, placing your feet over an object 20 to 50cm high.
- Keep your body straight and core engaged.
- Lower your chest close to the ground by bending your arms.
- Extend the arms again to return to the original position.
Hints & tips:
- Keep your body straight at all time. The higher the object you choose, the harder is the exercise.
- Strengthen chest and biceps.
- Activates and strengthen the shoulders.
Counting & gamification:
- Count repetitions in a session or period.
- Count as regular push-ups, amongst other push-up variations.
- Measure how high you can put your feet, for a given number of repetitions.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Chest
Secondary muscles: Abs, Lowerback
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Decline Push Up
- Decline Press Up