The exercise is focused on triceps, although chest, core and shoulders are also involved.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Get down on all fours.
- Place hands forming a diamond with thumb and indicator fingers.
- Straighten arms and legs.
- Lower the body, the chest nearly touches the floor.
- Pause, then straight your arms and push back up.
Hints & tips:
- Triceps strength is needed.
- Start with wall-triceps and knee-triceps push-ups, if needed.
- Keep your core engaged, the all body in a straight line.
- Strengthen the triceps.
- Also works the core, shoulders and chest.
Counting & gamification:
- Make series of 10.
- Include this in your daily push-up variations.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Chest
Secondary muscles: Abs, Lowerback
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Diamond Push Up
- Close Grip Push Up
- Diamond Press Up
- Close Grip Press Up