Exercise is great for the shoulders, and a preparation for L Sit.
(excerpt from 'Calisthenics L Sit Progression | Full Tutorial For Beginners' by Minus The Gym)
How to and step by step instructions:
- Sit on the floor, legs straight and feet together.
- Put your hands on the floor, near the hips.
- Press your shoulders down with your arms straight so that the hips stays of the ground.
- Keep your heels on the ground.
- While pressing shoulders down, your head should be as far as possible from the shoulders.
- Stay in this position a few seconds.
Hints & tips:
- Start with a few seconds if needed, but you should progress for longer times.
- Strengthen the shoulders and core.
Counting & gamification:
- Count the seconds you can hold.
- Aim to hold this position for at least 60 seconds.
- Count the accumulated duration in a period, say session, weekend or month.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Muscles: Full body
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Abs, Lats, Quads
Secondary muscles: Obliques, Lowerback, Hip Flexor