The Forward Slider Push Up strengthens core, chest and triceps. It is a demanding exercise.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Get down on all fours.
- Keep hands at shoulder distance, one of them holding the slider.
- Straighten the legs and engage the core, in a full plank position.
- This is the starting position.
- Move the slider forward while bending the other elbow, so that the chest almost touches the floor.
- Straighten the bended arm and bring the slider back to you, so that both hands are again under the shoulders.
Hints & tips:
- Choose a floor and slider that slip easily.
- Strong triceps are needed for this exercise.
- Strong triceps, chest and shoulders.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Muscles: Core & Upper body
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Chest, Obliques
Secondary muscles: Abs, Lowerback
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Forward Slider Push Up
- Push Up Reach on Slider
- Forward Slider One Arm Push Up
- Assisted Sliding One Arm Push Up