The exercise is highly demanding on abs, forearms and grip.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Hand on a pull-up bar in a dead-hang position.
- Raise your legs until parallel with the ground, keeping them straight and held together.
- Maintain the L position with your legs in a perfect straight position, core engaged.
- Count the seconds you can hold.
Hints & tips:
- You need strong abs prior to perform the exercise.
- Hanging knee raises or hanging leg raises are good preparations.
- Don't use the momentum. Exercise should be done slowly.
- Exhausting exercise where it doesn't take long to fatigue a number of muscles.
- Strong core.
Counting & gamification:
- Count the seconds you can hold the position.
- Set a timer initially with 3 to 5 seconds, increase slowly up to 10 or 15.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Muscles: Full body
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Obliques, Abs, Lats, Hip Flexor, Quads
Secondary muscles: Hamstring