The Incline One Arm Push Up is an easy modification of the One Arm Push Up and serves as preparation in a beginner stage.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Hold a support point with both hands, such as a table, balcony or stairs.
- Extend your feet and body forming a straight plank from the shoulders to the heels.
- Extend one arm, put the other one on your waist or back.
- This is the starting position.
- Bend the supporting arm, bringing the chest close to the support point.
- Extend the arm again, returning to the starting position.
Hints & tips:
- You can vary the height for different difficulties, the lowest the more difficult.
- The exercise strengthens the arms, shoulder, chest and core.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Muscles: Core & Upper body
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Chest, Obliques
Secondary muscles: Abs, Lowerback
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Incline One Arm Push Up
- Incline Single Arm Push Up
- Incline One Arm Press Up
- Incline Single Arm Press Up