This is a simplified push-up that facilitates the push-up. It is a good preparation exercise before starting doing the push-up.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Set in a push-up position, placing your hands in an object such as a table, chair or stairs.
- This is the starting position.
- Keep your body straigth and core engaged.
- Bend your arms, bringing the chest close to them.
- Extend your arms again, returning to the starting position.
Hints & tips:
- The higher you put your hands (such as on a table) the easier the execution will be.
- The lower you put your hands, the closer to horizontal your body will be. And thus, the harder will be.
- Strengthen chest, shoulder and biceps.
- Easier and a good starter for the push-up.
Counting & gamification:
- Count repetitions within a workout session or period.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Chest
Secondary muscles: Abs, Lowerback
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Incline Push Up
- Incline Press Up