Jump Squats is a Plyometric exercise (jump training) that boost explosiveness. They are an easy and very effective exercise that will pump your heart and produce strong legs and core.
Jump squats are essential for many plyometric moves such as box jumps.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Lower yourself as in a regular squat.
- Push your legs, raising and jumping with the movement.
- When landing, bend your knees lowering again as with the regular squat.
Hints & tips:
- Try to keep a breathing pattern, exhaling as you jump.
- Keep your chest up and straight.
- Increase explosiveness.
- High intensity cardio.
- Tone but, legs and abs.
- Improve balance.
- Increase Aerobic fitness.
- Help reducing the risk of heart disease, hypertension, obesity, and diabetes as a direct consequence of the intense cardio.
Counting & gamification:
- Count sequences of 10 Reps, you should do 2 or 3 sets.
- If you have a list of daily-cardio to perform, include this in the list. Once in a while the intense cardio should come from this exercise.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Glutes, Hip Flexor, Quads
Secondary muscles: Hamstring, Calves