Easy variation for push-ups, the exercise prepares you chest and biceps for the regular push-up.
(excerpt from 'Wellness Wednesday: Give yourself 10 knee push-ups' by Mayo Clinic)
How to and step by step instructions:
- Kneel on the floor.
- Put your hands on the floor shoulder-width and arms straight, fingers facing forward.
- This is the starting position.
- Bend your arms, bringing shoulders close to your hands and chest near the floor.
- Straighten your arms and bring your body to the initial position.
Hints & tips:
- Put your knees closer to the chest for a lighter exercise.
- Strengthen your chest and biceps.
Counting & gamification:
- Set a goal for a given period such as a workout session, week or month.
- Aim to repeat the exercise until you can do the regular push-up.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Chest
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Knee Push Up
- Assisted Knee Push Up
- Assisted Push Up