Variant of the L Sit where you bend and extend the knees one at the time, in a bicycle movement.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Place hands on the parallettes, shoulders activated and pressed down.
- Extend your legs in a straight position for an L Sit, keeping them parallel to the ground. This is the starting position.
- Bend one knee bringing it to the chest, while keeping the other leg extended.
- Now extend the bended knee, while bending the other one.
- Count one repetition each time one leg (any of them) is fully extended.
Hints & tips:
- Press the shoulders down, keeping your ears away from the shoulders.
- Keep your beck straight.
- The extended leg should be parallel to the ground.
- Strong core.
- Exercise is easier than the pure L Sit.
Counting & gamification:
- Count the number of repetitions.
- Set a goal for a given period, say a week.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Muscles: Full body
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Abs, Lats, Hip Flexor, Quads
Secondary muscles: Obliques, Upper Back, Lowerback, Hamstring