Preparation for the L Sit, strengthening core and shoulders.
(excerpt from 'Top 30 Exercises on Parallel Bars // Train all your body!' by Fred Perra)
How to and step by step instructions:
- Stand on parallel bars raising your feet off the ground.
- Keep your arms straight and shoulders pressed down, your ears away from the shoulders.
- Straighten your legs keeping them close together, touching each other.
- Raise both legs until parallel to the ground.
- Without pause, bring them back to the vertical position.
- This is one repetition.
Hints & tips:
- It is ok to bend your knees slightly.
- Press your shoulders down keeping ears away from them.
- Highly activates core, shoulder blades and shoulders.
Counting & gamification:
- Count the number of repetitions.
- Track your personal record.
- Set a goal for a given period such as a session, weekend, week or month.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Muscles: Full body
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Obliques, Abs, Lats, Lowerback, Hip Flexor, Quads
Secondary muscles: Hamstring