The exercise requires strong shoulders, abs and triceps. It is easier than the pure L Sit while not demanding horizontal legs.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Stand on parallel bars raising your feet off the ground.
- Keep your arms straight and shoulders pressed down, your ears away from the shoulders.
- Straighten your legs keeping them close together, touching each other.
- Raise both legs until nearly parallel to the ground.
- Count the seconds you can hold them straight and close to horizontal.
Hints & tips:
- Start with a tuck position.
- Practice between two chairs if you don't have access to parallel bars.
- Strong core, shoulders, triceps.
- Easy to perform, you can find two chairs everywhere.
Counting & gamification:
- Count the seconds you can hold, accumulating in a period (session, day, week).
- Set an accumulated goal for a workout session, say 60 seconds, and do the necessary repetitions to reach that goal.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Muscles: Full body
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Abs, Lats, Hip Flexor, Quads
Secondary muscles: Obliques, Lowerback, Hamstring