How to and step by step instructions:
- Set in a plank position, arms straight and body and legs following a straight line.
- Bend your arms lowering chest close to the floor, as in a regular push up.
- Extend the arms again and, while extending, bend one knee bringing it close to chest.
- Once with the arms extended, start the movement donward extending the leg again.
- Logic is simple: When down, both feet are in the ground. When up, one foot is in the ground, the other knee close to the chest.
Hints & tips:
- Keep your core in a straight line while doing the exercise.
- Keep the chin down, don't look forward.
- Avoid bouncing the hips, keep them stable.
- Arms and core are worked, with a cardio bonus.
- The move adds a stronnh dynamic engaging core while chest and arms are worked.
Counting & gamification:
- Counts repetisiona in a row.
- Set a goal for a session, week or month.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Muscles: Core & Upper body
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Chest, Obliques
Secondary muscles: Abs, Lowerback
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Mountain Climber Push Up
- Mountain Climber Press Up