The One Arm Push Up is an intensive exercise that pushes shoulder, chest and core in order to support the weight in an unbalanced position.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Set in a full plank position, arms and legs straight, core engaged and away from the ground.
- Open the legs slightly wider than the shoulders.
- Take one hand off the ground, holding in the other one.
- This is the starting position.
- Blend the holding arm so that the chest and shoulder come close to the ground.
- Extend the arm again, raising the body back to the starting position.
Hints & tips:
- Open the legs wider for an easier movement.
- Strong core, biceos and shoulders.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Muscles: Core & Upper body
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Chest, Obliques
Secondary muscles: Abs, Lowerback
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- One Arm Push Up
- Single Arm Push Up
- One Arm Press Up
- Single Arm Press Up