Plyo Push Up requires explosiveness and strong arms for a quick Push Up that will take your hands off the ground.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Get down on all fours.
- Extend your legs formin a perfect plank fom the shoulders to the heels. Your arms should be extended also.
- This is the starting position.
- Bend both arms lowering the chest close to the floor.
- Extend both arms quicly and fast, so that your hands get off the ground.
- When returning to the floor, imediatly bend the arms again so that the chest nearly touches the ground.
Hints & tips:
- You should be able to do 15 to 20 push ups before trying this exercise.
- Strong chest and arms.
- Explisiveness in the upper body.
Counting & gamification:
- Count repetitions in a good form per session.
- Track progress based on this number.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Chest
Secondary muscles: Abs, Lowerback
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Plyo Push Up
- Explosive Push Up
- Jumping Push Up