Similar to the regular crunch, this exercise increases the intensity of it by removing the leg support.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Lie down on your back.
- Place your hands behind your head.
- Bring your legs up 45 degrees.
- Lift your head, shoulders and shoulder blades off the floor, exhaling when going up.
- Slowly lower your upper body back to the floor, inhaling.
- Keep your legs always in the same position.
- This is one repetition.
Hints & tips:
- Avoid moving or swinging your legs.
- Cross your legs if you have difficulties keeping then steady.
- The movement should come from contracting the abs, not swaying your body.
- Strong abs are the foundation of many daily moves such as carrying any object or just raising yourself.
- A strong core is a requisite for many exercises.
- This variant of the crunch increases the impact on affected muscles.
Counting & gamification:
- Get a list of crunch variations, ensure some variation on your daily routine with a rigid number of reps, say 20 than 30 and so on.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Abs, Lowerback
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Raised Leg Crunch
- One Leg Crunch
- Single Leg Crunch