The Scapula Body Row strengthens the scapula muscles and acts on your back in overall.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Hold the bar with both hands, palms facing forward, at shoulder-width distance or slightly wider.
- Move your feet forward under the bar, and straighten legs and core.
- Fully extend your arms, hanging in diagonal from the bar. This is the starting position.
- Activate the shoulder blades, bringing them up towards the bar, or relaxing them to a lower position.
Hints & tips:
- The more horizontal, the hardest is the move.
- Choose a higher bar for an easier variation, or put your feet closer to the bar, for an easier variation.
- Strengthen the scapula muscles.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Upper Back
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Scapula Body Row
- Scapula Inverted Row
- Scapula Bodyweight Row