Sitting on the floor in an L Sit position, pass the legs over an object while keeping them in a straight position.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Sit on the floor, legs straight and feet together.
- Put your hands on the floor, near the hips or further closer to the knees.
- Raise both feet of the ground, keeping the legs straight.
- Pass them over an object, with a small rotation. Use a Dumbbell, kettlebell or a yoga block to pass over.
- Pass the obstacle again, returning to the initial side.
Hints & tips:
- Place hands in the floor behind the hips for an easier version. Move them towards the feet for increased difficulty.
- Keep your back in a straight line position.
- Keep your legs extended, without bending the knees.
- Good preparation for the L Sit.
- Strengthen core and quads.
- Improves your back posture.
Counting & gamification:
- Count each time your legs pass the object.
- The closer you hands are to your feet, the harder the exercise.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Muscles: Full body
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Abs, Lats, Hip Flexor, Quads
Secondary muscles: Obliques, Lowerback, Hamstring
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Seated L Sit Lift Over
- Seated L Sit Heel Over