The Sit-up is very similar to the crunch, yet involving additional muscles. It is an easy and effective exercise for when you have a place to lay down.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Lie down on your back.
- Bend your legs and firm the palm of you feet in the ground.
- Place your hands behind the ears, or cross them to touch opposite shoulders.
- Elevate your upper body, until your chest is close to the knees.
- Lay down again, returning to the starting position.
Hints & tips:
- Perform the exercise slowly and in a controlled manner.
- Don't use your arms to pull the head. Only the abs should be working.
- Keep your neck in a relaxed position.
- Strengthen your core.
Counting & gamification:
- As a beginner, perform 2 to 4 series of 10 to 20 sit-ups.
- Include the exercise in your crunch list.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Abs
Secondary muscles: Neck, Obliques