Push Up with an extra effort on shoulders in order to move the sliders.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Get down on all fours, both hands holding a slider slightly wider than your shoulders.
- Straighten arms and legs.
- Lower the body, the chest nearly touches the floor, while opening the arms.
- Pause, then bring both hands back to shoulder width.
- Straighten the arms and push back up.
Hints & tips:
- The wider you open the hands, the more dificult is the Push Up.
- Highly effective on chest, far more that the regular Push Up.
Counting & gamification:
- Measure how much you can open the arms.
- Count repetitions in a period such as week or month.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Chest
Secondary muscles: Abs, Lowerback
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Slider Push Up
- Slider Press Up
- Slider Bulgarian Push Up
- Slider Fly Push Up
Push Up on Sliders, from easy to difficult
1. Slider Push Up