Simple exercise for the glutes and core without space or floor requisites.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Raise one leg to the side, waist high, while inhaling.
- Hold the top position for one or two seconds.
- Bring the leg down slowly, exhaling.
- This is one rep.
Hints & tips:
- Ok to hold on a chair to keep the balance.
- Excellent exercise for the hip abductors.
- Improves balance.
Counting & gamification:
- Make series of 10 in specific moments of the day, such as when preparing to cook or turning the TV on.
- Define a 'legs weekend' with a goal which is a high number.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Glutes, Hip Abductor
Secondary muscles: Abs, Hip Flexor, Quads
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Standing Side Leg Raise
- Standing Lateral Leg Raise
- Standing Side Leg Lift
- Standing Lateral Leg Lift