The Table Body Row is an alternative to Body Row in case you don't have a bar. It strengthens the back muscles and serves as preparation for the pull up.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Sit down under the table, hold the table border and straighten core and legs in a diagonal position. This is the starting position.
- Bend your arms, bringing the chest close to the table border.
- Stay there a few seconds and extend the arms again, lowering yourself to the initial position.
Hints & tips:
- The more horizontal, the hardest is the move.
- Works all muscles needed for the pull up.
- Strengthen back muscles.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Upper Back
Secondary muscles: Forearms, Chest
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Table Body Row
- Table Australian Pull Up
- Table Bodyweight Row
- Table Inverted Row
- Table Horizontal Pull Up