Kind of incline push up using nothing but the triceps.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Hold the parallel Bars with both hands in shoulder width.
- Extend your arms, engage core, feet far enough to have the legs in a 45 degree inclination. This is the starting position.
- Bent your elbows, keep them pointing to the ground without opening them.
- Extend both arms again, returning to the starting position.
Hints & tips:
- Move the feet close to the bar for an easier variation.
- Keep your elbows pointing down at all times, this is a triceps exercise, not bicep and shoulders.
- Strengthen triceps.
Counting & gamification:
- As a beginner, aim for 10 to 10 reps.
- Move to the Knee Triceps Push Up or Triceps Push Up when reaching the 10 to 15 reps.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps
Secondary muscles: Abs, Lowerback
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Triceps Push Up on Parallel Bar
- Triceps Extention on Parallel Bar
- Skull Crusher on Parallel Bar
Triceps Push Up, easy to hard
3. Triceps Push Up on Parallel Bar
Triceps Extensions aka Skull Crushers
Training tricep with Push Ups
Collection: Push Up Variations
Same exercise, different set:
Triceps Push Up on Parallel Bar