The X-Band Walk is a lateral walk where an elastic band is used to challenge the leg muscles.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Step the elastic band with both feet, shoulder-width apart.
- Cross the band end points, so that one hand holds the band coming from the other foot, both forming an X.
- Walk to the side, moving one leg away from the other, and then bring the other one close.
Hints & tips:
- Keep a slight bend in the knees while walking.
- Increase muscular strength on glutes and hip abductors.
- Stabilizes the ankles, knees and hips.
- Great warm up exercise.
Counting & gamification:
- Count the walked distance in meters.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Glutes, Hip Abductor
Secondary muscles: Abs