Sit Up Punch adds a strog obliques component to the Sit Up exercise.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Lie down on your back.
- Bend your legs and firm the palm of you feet in the ground.
- Place your hands near the chest or cross them to touch opposite shoulders. This is the starting position.
- Elevate your upper body, until your chest is close to the knees.
- Extend one arm throwing a punch, then the same with the other arm.
- Lay down again, returning to the starting position.
Hints & tips:
- It is Ok to use a towel in the tailbone to avoid injuries.
- Strengthen the abs with an additional focus on obliques.
Counting & gamification:
- Count repetitions in a session or period such as a month.
- Add the exercise to your crunch variations.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Obliques, Abs
Secondary muscles: Neck, Shoulder, Triceps, Lats