How to and step by step instructions:
- Tie a knot in a corner of the sheets.
- Pass the knot over an open door keeping the rest of the sheet on your side. Then close the door and the sheet is ready to use as a support equipment.
- Lean back with your core and legs straight, until you arms are also straight. You should be supported by the sheet hanging from the door.
- Bend the arms, bringing your body to a near vertical position.
Hints & tips:
- Make sure the door is properly closed.
- Use a sheet that can hold your weight.
- Keep the core and legs in a straight line in all times.
- Works all muscles needed for the pull up, in a very light way.
- Strengthen back muscles.
Counting & gamification:
- Adjust the feet position to have 10 reps of maximum effort yet proper form.
- Aim for 3 series x10 in a session.
- Move to a harder variation when these reps become easy and done in perfect form.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Upper Back
Secondary muscles: Forearms, Chest
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Body Row on Bed Sheets
- Inverted Row on Bed Sheets
- Bodyweight Row on Bed Sheets
- Horizontal Pull Up on Bed Sheets