The Bent Leg Body Row exercise strengthens the back muscles. It is an easier variation of the Body Row.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Hold the bar with both hands, palms facing forward.
- Move your feet forward so that your knees are bent in a 90 degrees angle.
- Fully extend your arms, lowering your shoulders away from the bar. This is the starting position.
- Bend your arms, bringing the chest close to the bar.
- Stay there a few seconds and extend the arms again, lowering yourself to the initial position.
Hints & tips:
- Choose a higher bar for an easier variation.
- Put your feet closer to the bar for an easier variation.
- Works all muscles needed for the pull up.
- Strengthen back muscles.
Counting & gamification:
- Adjust the feet position to have 10 reps of maximum effort yet proper form.
- Aim for 3 series x10 in a session.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Upper Back
Secondary muscles: Forearms, Chest
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Bent Leg Body Row
- Bent Leg Inverted Row
- Bent Leg Bodyweight Row
- Bent Leg Horizontal Pull Up
- Bent Knee Body Row
- Bent Leg Pronated Grip Body Row
- Bent Leg Body Row on Parallel Bar
- Bent Leg Australian Pull Up
- Bent Knee Australian Pull Up
- Bent Leg Pronated Australian Pull Up
- Bent Knee Pronated Australian Pull Up
Body Rows progression
2. Bent Leg Body Row
Grip Variations for Bent Leg Body Row
Other Pull Up Preparation exercises
Muscle: Upper back
Collection: Body Row variantions
Same exercise, different set:
Bent Leg Body Row