The Bent Leg Wide Grip Body Row exercise is a variant of the Wide Grip Body Row with bent legs.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Hold the bar with both hands, palms facing forward, close to each other.
- Move your feet forward so that your knees are bent in a 90 degrees angle.
- Fully extend your arms, lowering your shoulders away from the bar. This is the starting position.
- Bend your arms, bringing the chest close to the bar.
- Stay there a few seconds and extend the arms again, lowering yourself to the initial position.
Hints & tips:
- Choose a higher bar for an easier variation.
- Put your feet closer to the bar for an easier variation.
- The more you open the arms, the harder is the exercise.
- Works all muscles needed for the pull up.
- Strengthen back muscles.
Counting & gamification:
- Adjust the feet position to have 10 reps of maximum effort yet proper form.
- Aim for 3 series x10 in a session.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Upper Back
Secondary muscles: Forearms, Chest
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Bent Leg Wide Grip Body Row
- Bent Leg Wide Grip Inverted Row
- Bent Leg Wide Grip Bodyweight Row
- Bent Leg Wide Grip Horizontal Pull Up
- Bent Leg Wide Grip Body Row Parallel Bar
- Bent Leg Wide Grip Australian Pull Up