An L Sit where one leg touches the floor for support. It is an easy preparation for the Floor L Sit. It is a full body exercise with focus on shoulders and abs.
How to and step by step instructions:
- Sit on the floor, legs straight and feet together.
- Put your hands on the floor, near the hips.
- Press your shoulders down with your arms straight so that the hips stays of the ground.
- While pressing shoulders down, your head should be as far as possible from the shoulders.
- Raise one feet of the ground keeping the leg straight. Use the other feet as a support point.
Hints & tips:
- Shoulders and abs are highly involved in this exercise.
- There are other muscles involved, this is a complete exercise.
- When starting, you should be able to hold the position for 10 to 20 seconds but you should target longer duration.
- Exercise is easier in a hard ground such as rock or cement, opposite to a soft ground such as a grass field.
- Overall strength, focus on shoulders and abs.
Counting & gamification:
- Count the seconds you can hold, accumulating in a period (session, day, week).
- Set an accumulated goal for a workout session, say 2 minutes, and do the necessary repetitions to reach that goal.
Muscles worked and body parts involved:
Muscles: Full body
Primary muscles: Shoulder, Triceps, Abs, Lats, Hip Flexor, Quads
Secondary muscles: Obliques, Lowerback, Hamstring
The exercise can be found with other names. Examples are:
- Floor L Sit One Leg Support
- Floor L Sit Single Leg Support